Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:17:03 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO IP/M - No connection / Problem with IP Adress?  (Read 12821 times)

CSMIO IP/M - No connection / Problem with IP Adress?
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:40:15 AM »
Hello at all,
I try to set a new machine but I can´t connect to CSMIO Controller. The Device is not found.

I set the IP  Adress of the network controller to 10.1.1.1 and subnetmask to 255.255.255.0 as the manual is telling.
The Computer (Windows 10) is connected to the controller with the needed crossover cable.
When I start the machine the LED on the crossovercalbe is flickering as normal, trying to get connection. After a while it just stays on, no more flickering.

At the command box after entering arp /a to show all connected devices I just found a static adress 10.1.1.255 but not the needed dynamic 10.1.1.2 of the machine.

It´s like the machine is not connected. Of course I also can´t ping the machine.

I tried 2 different cables and computers. Did somebody have the same problem or can help me? I need a solution. This ist the 4th machine we set, but never had such problems.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO IP/M - No connection / Problem with IP Adress?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:19:12 AM »
hi i dont know if this will help or not but i have set up a few csmio/ip-a and they dont require a cross over cable just straignt through however if you are using a cross over cable and dont need one that could be your problem.
mark
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:18:28 AM »
Hello,

Try to update new firmware from cs-lab.eu !

Cheers!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 06:21:05 PM »
I upgrade from mach3 to mach4 due to the auto update of win 10.  everything was running fine before this.  I did not feel like restarting windows back and could not downgrade to the previous version . thought mach 4 would be the easier way to go.

I have been unsuccessful in get the CSMIO/IP-M to work with mach4.

I am able to ping the controller. I am able to get the spindle to run. 

Unable to see IO (after mapping) in diagnostics, unable to get stepper motors to move.  mach4 freezes when I try to select motion device.  the firmware sure looks like it is made for servo and not stepper so I think something is not right here...  setup_csmio-ip-m-2.854 is what I currently using.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled mach4.

Does someone have mach4 running with csmio/ip-m??

Thanks,

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 04:33:25 AM »
have you checked CSMIO webside for the actual verstion? actual version is 3.016 or so.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
Finally have it running. I have a FP4 version so I am able to run V3.  After uninstalling all software and reinstalling only V3 and Mach4 it was able to connect and start moving the steppers.