Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:56:28 AM

Author Topic: Vista CNC P1A-S with Mach4 - Problem  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
Re: Vista CNC P1A-S with Mach4 - Problem
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 04:26:42 AM »
Craig,
If your PIA-S display is not working with Mach4, does it work with Mach3?
Revert the Firmware back to Mach3 and if and only if Mach3 cannot also display correctly then following the instuctions below.
I had an issue that mine stopped displaying correctly my cable must have came slightly loose.
VistaCNC support instructed my on how to fix it by removing the cable and provided the following instructions.

One thing you can do is to check if the ribbon flat cable connecting the LCD module to the main board is loosen.
Remove the back 6 screws and gently open the back, take care as it has wires attached.
I attached a picture and a youtube move that show how to remove and insert the flat cable. Insert the LCD module side first. On both LCD and board end, the tin side of the cable is face down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9PwK9eGrCY
That was my issue, I hope it is yours as well.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 08:34:53 AM »
Hi Mauri,
my pendant is the P1A, ie it does not have the LCD display and it works fine and has done so for 18 months.
Over that time I have seen several reports from users who have a pendant with an LCD display and they have all had problems.
My suggestion is load the firmware for the non-LCD display version to see if it then works, clearly the display would not work but
maybe the rest of it would.

To date no-one has been prepared to try it....'I'll have it ALL working or NONE of it and carry on whinging thankyou very much'

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 06:25:14 PM »
Craig,
Lee from VistaCNC made a Frimware that suits my version of P1A-S V3 Pendant and it fully works and has a fully functional LCD display and settings.
Very Happy.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 07:32:43 PM »
Hi Mauri,
kool.

I think Lee is the only manufacturer who has an OEM Mach4 plugin. Kudos to VistaCNC.

I note there are a couple of users who have written plugins for XHC pendants and having some success. It seems strange that the manufacturer is not participating
in the plugin development, although if I read between the lines the manufacturer has supported at least one of the people involved in writing said plugin.

Our very own Daz-the-Gaz has spent a lot of time on the Xbox 360 plugin and is working well.

That makes three styles of pendants/remotes.

My belief is that the rate of uptake of Mach4 is increasing and so we might expect the momentum to have Mach4 ready controllers/pendants and other accessories to grow apace.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'