Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 05:48:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  General CNC Chat
| |-+  Share Your GCode
| | |-+  G-code help
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: G-code help  (Read 581 times)
Marcmora
Holding

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2018, 07:24:41 PM »

Iím retired navy and my son is active duty and I want to make his new Command ship crest. Iím having a difficult time with Creating the G-Code on my computer, it just keeps freezing. What would the best way to tackle this?

* 1D677935-0187-4C5C-8D4D-504F83E1F4F7.png (21.88 KB, 200x252 - viewed 54 times.)
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:15:01 AM »

Hi Marcmora,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly you need a high resolution image of the crest then it can be traced (various software available to do this - Inkscape is free) to produce one or more .dxf's (vector files). A Gcode file can then be produced from the vector file (again various software available to do this - LazyCam is free but there are better products available).

If you use a CAD/CAM software (such as Vectric Aspire) you could create a V-Carve type of crest (also check out F-Engrave - this is free).

Overall there is a lot of work (and learning) involved in creating the required Gcode but learning can be fun  Wink

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Marcmora
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 02:15:06 PM »

I use Inkscape and i have the SVG. I will try lazy cam. thank you for the input.
JohnHaine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 01:28:46 AM »

F-Engrave, free, can do text or relief image engraving from a png.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:30:41 AM by JohnHaine » Logged
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: