Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:00:12 PM

Author Topic: No analog output from Hicon Integra  (Read 4189 times)

No analog output from Hicon Integra
« on: April 16, 2018, 08:43:53 PM »
Cannot get 0-10 Vdc output from Hicon board
Re: No analog output from Hicon Integra
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
Can you explain what you have tried so far?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
I have the spindle mapped according to the Hicon software integration manual. Spindle is set up for 0-10 volt, spindle index is set to 0 and scale is set to 100. Have R1,R2 and R3 mapped in Mach 4 for spindle on, fwd and rev. At this point I turn the spindle on in Mach4 to test but get no analog voltage out from the card.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »
The relays on the HiCON Integra all share the same common (RLC @ J12 header). The DAC outputs 0-10V when you command a spindle speed in MDI.

For example:
S1000 (sets the spindle speed, relative to min/max rpm in Mach spindle settings)
M03  (turns on relay mapped to spindle FWD)

You can run this command in the MDI and, using a voltmeter, test to see if the DAC is outputting voltage (0-10V). Be extra careful not to short anything when you do this.

To control spindle forward and reverse using the relays you should connect the DAC to the RLC on the board. When any relay is switched on, it will complete the circuit to the common source (commanded voltage from spindle speed gcode command).

Since the relays all share the same common (RLC), you won't be able to use the relay as a spindle on if you are also using them to control spindle fwd and spindle rev. You can either keep the spindle powered on at all times or use one of the 24V outputs to activate the spindle on.  
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »
Got it! Thank you
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:00:12 AM »
Hey I am able to read analog 4-20mA temperature sensor data on my arduino board using current loop receiver, I am looking for the best way to communicate with hicon motion controller board (pn7766)(stepper motor connected in output) to control with analog signals converted from the digital readings from temperature sensor,  your suggestion will be very helpful
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 10:43:56 AM »
egzy12

The Integra has two analog inputs available for sensing analog 0-3.3V signal. This feature requires purchasing an activation code before you can use the inputs.

The value from the input voltage reading can be read in using the HiCON/VADC_0 or VADC_1 registers allowing you to write custom scripts around the signal in Mach4.