Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:48:44 AM

Author Topic: My File is running real slow  (Read 5275 times)

Re: My File is running real slow
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 07:46:23 PM »
Radians.  Man, I had to teach myself what those were a couple years ago while making some conversational programs for Mach3 Lathe. 

That was some fun programming.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 07:50:57 PM »
Hi,
when I start calculating things I always revert to radians. Like wise I tend to do all engineering and scientific
calculations in metric (MKS), even though I tend to present the result of the calculations in imperial like lbf
and pounds per square inch.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
You could put a dro on the screen and in the plc script look at one dro, do some math and set another dro to the product of the math. To convert RPM to IPM you would need a third dro to enter diameter or possibly look at machine cords of the depth axis and use its value in the math. It's the same as MPH changing with tire diameter while RPM stays the same.

An example can be found in the wxRouter screen. It takes decimal and converts them to fractional numbers in the DecToFrac function in the screen load script which is called by each of the decimal DROs On Update script. So, it is ran each time any decimal DRO value changes. The DecToFrac function writes the product to 3 labels for each axis instead of a single dro.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 08:32:49 AM »
Spent some time messing around with the G93 command. This makes sense. Basically time an instruction and let the machine figure feeds.

When i got looking at this more, I was thinking about the size of A. I am using a 4 inch diameter as my reference. But If I was using something larger the speed at the outer edge of the diameter would be much faster.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »
Yes, for a given time, the feed rate changes as the diameter varies, but, you'll limited depending on the other axis max velocity as compared to the A axis.
Study the chart that I posted. 

RICH