Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:16:22 PM

Author Topic: Another screen size question  (Read 7229 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Another screen size question
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »

I am now the proud owner of a 12" touch screen. 800 x 600.   

Making my "Bright Buttons" screen layout to suit the small size.

Now my issue is....... I want to make my screens the right size so that they do not need to be resized by Mach.

There by not mucking up the text on Gcode lists etc.

It just all round comes up better at native size.

However I find I must set the "Auto Screen Resize" otherwise the wizard screens are not usable on the 800 x 600 screen.

Does anyone know a work around for this?  Getting the wizard screens to show on 800 x 600 without "Auto Screen Resize"

Greg

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Another screen size question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 11:45:28 PM »

Bump   ;D

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:55:33 AM »
The only way I can think of is opening the wizard screen set and modifying them in Screen4,
Set your "Desired Screen Size" to 800X600 and drag and resize things, maybe with the new Jetcam screen set he will add something to aid with this.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:55:42 AM »
G'day Zealous

I seem to have got around it by building my main screens to just the right size so that Mach does

not distort them at all when doing "Auto Screen Resize"

Then it will show the wizards and the 1024 which I use as my "sset" at the adjusted size.

The odd bit of text blur etc does not matter on those. And my main set still looks sharp,

By the way has Jetcam dropped off the shelf?  I hope not.

I would love to be able to do my screen in Flash but it's a bit beyond me.  ;D

I have seen what you have done with being able to easily alter button colours etc on the 1024 set

but that is not what I need.  Mine is a complete new screen layout.

Thanks,  Greg
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 07:07:05 AM by Greolt »
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 01:26:08 PM »
I ran into this same situation recently.  What was your solution?  Did you create an 800 x 600 screen set?  

Most of my stuff seems to work with the standard 1024 set, but some of the buttons are a little less clear than they could be, and the pop-up general config screen has to be moved around in order to see everything.   I have not tested all screens just yet.  This is on a machine I am still building.  

I may just live with it.  

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:51 PM »
Bob

This is a very old thread.  :)

I have progressed through steadily larger screens on my machines.  Each time, I redo my screen sets to suit the monitor they will be displayed on.

Nowadays I use Klaus' MachScreen for screen set building / modifying.  Set the frame size to requirements and layout control elements within that.

I always leave room for the standard Windows task bar at the bottom.

Greolt
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »
Thanks.  I spent several hours playing with Klaus' MachScreen after reading your reply.  With some care you can create any size screen set, with little work jus tby copying elements from other screen sets.  Thanks again.