Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:35:20 AM

Author Topic: Issues After Updating Mach4 & HiCON - Can't Move Motors?  (Read 5047 times)

Issues After Updating Mach4 & HiCON - Can't Move Motors?
« on: February 04, 2018, 05:15:32 PM »
I just recently updated Mach4 and the HiCON firmware/FPGA, all running the most current versions.  After updating, it looks like Mach4 connects to the controller okay, but I can't seem to move any motors now no matter what I do.  This machine worked previously so I'm not sure what may have changed.

I do get an error when trying to move things though: "ERROR: Following Error Limit Exceeded on Motor X. Servo Disarmed".  I've attached a screen shot of the debug window when this happens.

Any ideas on something I may be missing?  I believe everything is set up as it was originally and nothing has changed.  Thanks
Re: Issues After Updating Mach4 & HiCON - Can't Move Motors?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:06:20 PM »
Have you tried entering 1 on the feedback gain? I'm not sure if 0 is allowed
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »
Yes, changing the gain does not seem to change anything, unfortunately.  I'm looking through the config again now at the moment.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:02:01 PM »
I've noticed in the debug window that just starting the mach profile and enabling the system produces a lot of unhandled messages (attached).

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 03:07:53 PM »
mrcole,
These are the settings I have with my steppers and Main Config page.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 10:19:45 AM »
Mauri, thanks.

I spoke with VitalSystems and they were able to get me back up and running.  They sent some new firmware and I had some firmware settings that needed to be changed.  I missed that my I/O was using J7/8 and needed to update this through the VSI manager.  The new firmware they then sent fixed my homing issue as well.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 03:45:24 PM »
I have the same issue, can you tell me what you needed to change? Big thanks!