Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2018, 04:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Third party software and hardware support forums.
| |-+  PoKeys (Moderator: NeoTO)
| | |-+  Mach4 and Pokeys57CNC limit switches
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mach4 and Pokeys57CNC limit switches  (Read 1204 times)
joeaverage

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 07:31:05 PM »

Hi,
do you have a multimeter? I would guess that the input has a pull-down resistor in which case
switch operation would not be detected as a change of state.

Try probing the input. If it is low with the switch inactive then it has a pull-down resistor.

Craig

My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
joeaverage

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »

Hi,
just looking at the manual and input #12 in the axis switch connector block (page 16) is
a DI5P type input,which per section 3.2 page 18, has the representitve circuit diagram shown, with a 10kOhm pull-up
resistor.

Probe the input, with the switch inactive it should be logic high. Note that the DI5P input is 5V tolerant,
you are likely to have a real cock-up if you try to bung more than 5V in there!

Note also that pin #12 is the home switch for the A axis, per page 16. Is this what you wanted?, I thought you
were trying to set up the Z axis. The Z axis home switch is pin #14.

Craig

and I miss him!
Igiveup
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 09:40:42 PM »

Thanks for the reply Craig.  I did probe the input and it's normally held high and the sensor when active sinks it to ground.  I have the Z motor connected and mapped to the motor 4 connector.  I was using this motors home pin which is #12 on the Axis switches connector.  I did try the sensor input on pins 14, 16, and 18 and saw no status changes on the Mach4 diagnostics panel.
Thanks again for the input.
joeaverage

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »

Hi,
then I would guess that you have not set up Mach to look for those inputs.

I use an ESS and with the ESS if you set an input in the ESS plugin it will automatically set Machs input
in its configuration too. Quite handy. I suspect that in this instance the PoKeys plugin is not doing so.

Go to Configure/Control (also called Mach in earlier releases) /Input Signals and scan down until you find the
inputs (Home Motor3)you are looking for and attach the 57CNC signal to it. Hit <apply> and exit. You may even need to restart
Mach in order that the core read the new assignments from the .ini file.

Craig

and I miss him!
NeoTO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »

Hi,

was the issue resolved?
The default configuration of limit and home switches is selected in the new device wizard. If the switch is not configured to be present, the corresponding input will be deactivated. With the deactivated input, there will be no indication to Mach4!

Send a screenshot of 'Pulse engine' configuration screen. If the switch is configured there correctly, the plugin will also configure appropriate Mach4 signal and vice-versa.

www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: