Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:05:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 and Pokeys57CNC limit switches  (Read 13159 times)

Re: Mach4 and Pokeys57CNC limit switches
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 08:31:05 PM »
Hi,
do you have a multimeter? I would guess that the input has a pull-down resistor in which case
switch operation would not be detected as a change of state.

Try probing the input. If it is low with the switch inactive then it has a pull-down resistor.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 09:02:48 PM »
Hi,
just looking at the manual and input #12 in the axis switch connector block (page 16) is
a DI5P type input,which per section 3.2 page 18, has the representitve circuit diagram shown, with a 10kOhm pull-up
resistor.

Probe the input, with the switch inactive it should be logic high. Note that the DI5P input is 5V tolerant,
you are likely to have a real cock-up if you try to bung more than 5V in there!

Note also that pin #12 is the home switch for the A axis, per page 16. Is this what you wanted?, I thought you
were trying to set up the Z axis. The Z axis home switch is pin #14.

Craig
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply Craig.  I did probe the input and it's normally held high and the sensor when active sinks it to ground.  I have the Z motor connected and mapped to the motor 4 connector.  I was using this motors home pin which is #12 on the Axis switches connector.  I did try the sensor input on pins 14, 16, and 18 and saw no status changes on the Mach4 diagnostics panel.
Thanks again for the input.
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 11:10:13 PM »
Hi,
then I would guess that you have not set up Mach to look for those inputs.

I use an ESS and with the ESS if you set an input in the ESS plugin it will automatically set Machs input
in its configuration too. Quite handy. I suspect that in this instance the PoKeys plugin is not doing so.

Go to Configure/Control (also called Mach in earlier releases) /Input Signals and scan down until you find the
inputs (Home Motor3)you are looking for and attach the 57CNC signal to it. Hit <apply> and exit. You may even need to restart
Mach in order that the core read the new assignments from the .ini file.

Craig

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »
Hi,

was the issue resolved?
The default configuration of limit and home switches is selected in the new device wizard. If the switch is not configured to be present, the corresponding input will be deactivated. With the deactivated input, there will be no indication to Mach4!

Send a screenshot of 'Pulse engine' configuration screen. If the switch is configured there correctly, the plugin will also configure appropriate Mach4 signal and vice-versa.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 10:06:54 PM »
Hello and thanks for your suggestions!  I did start over and finally got the home sensors working on all three axis.  I'm not sure what I did differently than the numerous previous attempts, other than closing Mach 4 down and restarting after making changes.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to slave the Y axis to the A axis and hopefully be able to start experimenting.

Thanks again!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 03:58:10 AM »
I had the same issues, but ran in to a new problem, with is a follow up on the last reply.
In mach4 diagnostics I have signals from my switches on X,Y,Z,A as it’s the order it’s detected in the detection process. No problem!
Now the problem starts I Also want A to slave Y, and have set that up.
Now in Mach4 Y and A does not work. X and Z is getting signal through.
Pressing Y and A simultaneous is activating Y???????
In diagnostics all 4 of them are working.
I only want to use the home function
And my connections is made on the “axis switches connector” pin, as follows
X=18
Y=14
Z=16
A=12
I simply don’t have a clue what’s going on!
All the motors ar working without problems
It did work before updating to the newest version of Mach4, and pokeys plugin.
Any good advice is welcome

Kent
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:06:55 AM by kentalstrup »
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
Hi Kent,
Did you find a solution yet, I'm having exactly the same problem.
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »
I got a answer from polabs.
It’s homing X, fine
It’s homing Z, fine
It will home Y and then A, and then register that Y been homed..
It’s supposed to do it this way.
I didn’t want to use the home function due to that it did it differently before.