Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:38:22 PM

Author Topic: Plugin File extensions  (Read 3221 times)

Plugin File extensions
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »
Hi just starting out with the Demo version of Mach4:  4.2.0.3481

Decided to try to load the PMDX-416 driver. Not the easiest but I got the driver loaded into the correct directory: Mach4Hobby\Plugins.

Then tried to add the plugin. Mach4 says the directory does not contain plugins!! What??

Reason simple:

The open dialog box is looking for files *.m4plugw

The actual files are *.M4PW

Spot the bug cn ye?

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Plugin File extensions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
Once the files are in the plugins directory then all you have to do is enable the plugin as it is already installed.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:10:42 PM »
Once the files are in the plugins directory then all you have to do is enable the plugin as it is already installed.

DazTheGas

Thanks Daz, really appreciate the videos.

I first had to click the ADD button to get into the file manager and as I state above there is a mismatch 'tween the files extensions and the open dialog.

Confusing as hell for a Mach newbee
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »
Things would be much less confusing if you would simply run the PMDX plug-in installer
and then copy one of the sample profiles provided by PMDX. You can see the sample
profiles and all other available profiles by using the Mach4Loader icon provided by Mach4
on the desktop. Select the desired profile to use as a template and copy it to a new
name provided by you so you have a private profile that will not be overwritten by
a reinstall of the software.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:03:45 AM by Steve Stallings »
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com