Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Motor tuned well in dspMC plugin but not when commanded by Mach4  (Read 5532 times)

I have tuned my axis well in the dspMC plugin and the test motion is very smooth and stable but when I command a move from Mach4 either jogging or g-code the axis has a considerable studder, the machine shakes and will trip on following error.

I have used the same max velocity and acceleration settings on Mach4 as the dspMC plugin and even tried adjusting these settings in M4 very dramatically but to no avail.

Re: Motor tuned well in dspMC plugin but not when commanded by Mach4
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:25:38 PM »

did you try restart mach4?  sometimes the vel/accel changes do not take effect right away.   Restart mach4 and verify motor tuning setting.  hope this helps.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
Yes, I have restarted M4 several times, verified the settings in M4 config screen and profile .ini file flashed the latest firmware to the dspMC (it was already at latest but flashed anyway)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
Your test move is very small and may not get up to full speed before it has to slow down. Try moving 1 inch and see if it is still smooth in the plug in window. You accell seems high to me. Don't forget that Mach has a trapezoidal or Bang Bang  motion planner which at high accelerations can be very jumpy. Once you are in Mach try an accell of 15 to 20 and go from there.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »
Thanks Mike,

I've tried moves up to 10" in the plugin and the movement is smooth.  Also I've adjusted the acc in M4 to several settings down to 1u/s2.  Obviously the motion appears different due to such a low acc but still jumpy when commanded by M4 and smooth from the plugin.

Ken
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 06:49:30 PM »
you can send your mach4 profile to support email and we will test it.  go to help menu and select package current profile and email the .m4prof file.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »
I've also tried the latest dev build of Mach4 but same issue exists.

I have sent the profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 11:55:16 AM »
I have resolved the issue, the default polling frequency of 10Hz is too slow but the recommended speed of 100Hz works well.