Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:27:40 PM

Author Topic: How to change the speed of spindle on the same line without stops.  (Read 3912 times)

Hello everyone, I have a problem with Mach3 that I can not solve.
I'm trying to make my machine change the speed of the spindle at a certain point in a straight line.
I will give an example for better understanding:
I have to make a straight line of 1000 mm and at 700 mm I need to vary the speed of the spindle from 800 to 400 rpm.
Since in the same line I can not place two different S's I have divided the line into two lines, leaving the code like this:
M3 s800
g01 x700
s400
g01 x1000
The problem is that when I split the line, the machine decelerates when it reaches the x700 and accelerates again to continue to the point x1000, creating a stop that I have to avoid.
I have also done a test without the S code to see if the movement was continuous but it has not worked either.
My look ahead is configured for 150 lines.
If someone could tell me what could be happening, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you!!
Re: How to change the speed of spindle on the same line without stops.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:48:10 PM »
Try putting a G64  at the beginig of your code or selecting constant velocity on the general config page.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:03:57 AM »

Thanks for your answer, I forgot to comment but the constant velocity is activated and even then I have this problem.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:17:42 AM »
Try the G64 at the beginning of the code. That is better than the check-box.
Once in a while Mach 3 doesn't honor the check-box/I program something weird.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:08:22 AM »

Hello, I tried it but it continues to decelerate and accelerate when it reaches the point x500. You can see how the feed rate speed decreases in the feed rate visor.
Can you have a check to the gcode ?

G71 G64 F10000

m3s500
x500
s50
x1000
s500
m5

Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 12:59:25 PM »
Of course it is possible that it won't work since you normally don't change the feed while in the middle of coordinated motion. Hopefully with somebody with more knowledge will chime in.

Mike
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 05:29:18 PM »
Thanks you Mike!!
This really is a problem for me because I need to move the machine in this way. Due to the type of activity I am doing, I need to find a way that is no deceleration in these points.

I hope someone knows how to do it!!

Dan
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
Dan,
Is this a mill, router or custom machine you a controlling with Mach?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 03:07:58 PM »
the only way I can think this may be possible is in the Macropump, run a check in the Macropump code to check the current position DRO and if its greater than 700 drop the speed, the down side to this is it would do it for every program that travelled over 700mm so you would have to edit it out once the job was complete.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 06:46:02 AM »
Dan,
Is this a mill, router or custom machine you a controlling with Mach?
Hi, It´s a custom machine.