Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:34:09 AM

Author Topic: new to this and getting nothing  (Read 4117 times)

new to this and getting nothing
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
i bought my cnc miller about 6 years ago now and due to one thing or another (Life!) have only just got around to finally setting it up.Excuse my lack of jargon language, have literally started 2 weeks ago! Downloaded mach 3 as i heard it was most user friendly. i am getting nothing from my cnc. i am running windows xp and mach 3 because i thought it would be appropriate for the machine. downloaded the software and followed the set-up tutorials but nothing. no moving of the machine. played around wth a few things trying to get my head around it and yay! movement! but i was in mach 3 turn which as you know is for lathe and not cnc. i therefore know its not the machine or the cable that is faulty. Tried un-installing mach 3 and re-installing this time in absolute step by step but alas nothing. Must also point out  had no paperwork with the cnc. no manufacturer specifications or even a manufacturer! obviously 6 years down the line is a bit late to rectify these things. Just hopeful for any advice anyone can give?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: new to this and getting nothing
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 02:01:41 AM »
If you post a couple of pictures of your machine controller (outside and inside) then it can (hopefully) be identified and suggestions made regarding the problem. Use the Reply tab and Additional Options... to attach pictures (which have to have unique names).

played around with a few things trying to get my head around it and yay! movement!

Any idea what it was that you did ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:12:11 AM »
played around with a few things trying to get my head around it and yay! movement!

Any idea what it was that you did ?

Tweakie.

I opened mach 3 turn, loaded file ball.tap and then ran the cycle. worked perfectly apart from the file wasn't for a lathe and the cnc's not a lathe! followed the red green and purple lines started and stopped automaticly. But in mach3 nothing?

attached are the photos, have more if needed

many thank you's tweekie

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 02:38:00 AM »
Check the Target properties of your desktop shortcuts,
If the profile for /p Mach3Turn works and /p dans_cnc does not work then, in the Mach3 folder, delete dans_cnc.xml (make a backup first) and rename Mach3Turn.xml to dans_cnc.xml
Then, to correct the screen, in menu View / Load Screens select 1024.set to recover the Mach3 Mill screen. Close then restart Mach3.

Tweakie.
PEACE