Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:17 AM

Author Topic: Manual touch plate probing after manual tool change  (Read 5637 times)

Re: Manual touch plate probing after manual tool change
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 05:43:48 PM »
Hi Daz,
kool,and so straight foward.

I take it that 'cycle stop' state is suspended, not actually ended?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 09:54:27 AM »
Daz, I went ahead and implemented your script on my machine with good results.  Thank you for the assist!  While I was getting some manual tool change success with the script I posted earlier in the thread (using the mc.mcCntlToolChangeManual), after the probe would run and the cycle start happened, every encounter of an I and J word would cause the machine to jump to unknown coordinates and make a sweeping arc.  I guess Mach was loosing it's incremental reference point as a result of the mc.mcCntlToolChangeManual operation.  Oh well, I'm abandoning that in favor of the mc.mcCntlCycleStop.

Now I just have to figure out how to get my Auto Tool Zero to function while in that mc.mcCntlCycleStop state.
-Tim

Mach4/Win7, ESS, Xbox360 controller, Router-based Mill & BlackTooth Laser
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 07:13:29 AM »
I found that in order to be able to both jog and run code I had to follow cycle stotp by enable as follows;

mc.mcCntlCycleStop()
mc.mcCntlEnable()

Without this I would get  MERROR_NOT_NOW even though the state was Idle.. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Allan
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:15:56 AM by Fledermaus »
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 02:48:59 PM »
Sorry, I forgot the parameters in the above:

mc.mcCntlCycleStop(inst)
mc.mcCntlEnable(inst, true)

Allan
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 09:53:01 AM »

After the cycle is stopped in the m6 mach is then in a jogable state, you can then jog around as much as you like. before pressing cycle start again you must put your Z at a safe hight.
I have only tried this on the sim so cannot say how it will go with variables or anything else.

DazTheGas

For what its worth.....
I do this on a Bridgeport Series II here in the shop.  It only has 4" of Z Axis travel without moving the Knee, so I will sometimes have to jog left or right to be able to change longer tools.  It always goes to G53 Z0.00, so hitting cylce start again has never been an issue (as long as your code moves to  X and Y position first).
Chad Byrd
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 11:44:38 PM »
Daz, I also tried your code and it works great!  However the fact that I have to raise the Z axis manually makes me a little nervous.  I know the popup box tells me to do that, but I could envision a scenario where I'm just not paying close enough attention and forget to do that. 

I inserted a mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(inst, "G90 G53 G0 Z0.0") right between the two "end" statements, and now when I hit cycle start, Z goes all the way up before continuing.  Just wanted to throw that out there if anyone is looking to do the same.