Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:04:12 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Softlimit by dxf  (Read 6565 times)

Offline GTR

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Mach3 Softlimit by dxf
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »
So to use mach3 for metal spinning machine and ease of programming.
In teach in mode with joystick command, programming of part  can be done,
  but the problem is in crashing in the part by overreacting with joystick commands.
So to overcome this problem I tought if someone can make some sort of plugin/wizard
  that load .dxf or some 2D drawing that represents softlimit to mach3 (X,Y), but not cousing reset state,
  simply not allowing manual joystick control or any other to go pass by these softlimits.
If someone can do it, I would like to know.
Thanks!
Re: Mach3 Softlimit by dxf
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 01:47:44 PM »
Hi,
all development of Mach3 has ceased some year ago so this feature will never appear in Mach3 unless someone like you writes code to do it.

Mach4 is the current and developing version but I've seen nothing which matches what you have in mind. I suspect therefore that a feature like one you've
proposed would need to be written by yourself or another user. I doubt that NFS would consider it a viable use of resources given the number of development
tasks that still await them.

I myself use Mach4 and like the flexibility that the modular structure and Lua confer and can think of a couple of programming strategies that might work but
I have no intention to go back to VB, I was never very good at VB to start with.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Softlimit by dxf
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 06:03:54 AM »
So to use mach3 for metal spinning machine and ease of programming.
In teach in mode with joystick command, programming of part  can be done,
  but the problem is in crashing in the part by overreacting with joystick commands.
So to overcome this problem I tought if someone can make some sort of plugin/wizard
  that load .dxf or some 2D drawing that represents softlimit to mach3 (X,Y), but not cousing reset state,
  simply not allowing manual joystick control or any other to go pass by these softlimits.
If someone can do it, I would like to know.
Thanks!
A workaround...
I think you can get what you need by just using multiple named MACH3 profiles with different softlimits settings.
Just copy your default mach3 profile (e.g. mach3mill.xml) to another profile named say mach3mil-small table.xml.
Now launch Mach3mill-table.xml and simply edit the softlimits settings of this new profile to suit your requirements.

If you use custom macros, you will need to copy those macros to the "macro" subfolder under your new profile.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"