Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:29:28 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys57cnc homing one axis with 2 motors each side  (Read 4384 times)

Pokeys57cnc homing one axis with 2 motors each side
« on: December 10, 2017, 03:41:16 AM »
Hi all

My Y-Axis direction consist of two motors Y and A (slave). At the positive direction i have mounted shared limit+/homing Switch for the A-Motor (left side) and a Limit+ Switch on the Y-Motor (right side). I set up the homing procedure and run into the following problem in Mach4.

Homing the Y-Axis needs that both switches will be hit, what i don‘t want. I only want the Switch on the A Motor (left) to be the home switch. So i deactivated the homing switch in pokeys configuration within Mach4 for the Y Motor. My Problem is, that now only the motor of the A-Axis works during homing (sounds nice). It seems, that mach4 use this motors independently (in homing process) althought Y is bundled as slave.

To be clear. If i use both switches as homeswitch it will work. But i only want to use one switch as home switch. the other should only be a limit+ switch.

What can i do, that i can use only the left side as a home position but in the homing process the right motor will also handled as a slave.

Thänx
Re: Pokeys57cnc homing one axis with 2 motors each side
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 05:34:13 AM »
Sorry for the missleading title. Not 2 motors each side. I ment 2 motors for one Axis (Y), one master, one slave.
Re: Pokeys57cnc homing one axis with 2 motors each side
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:37:34 PM »
Hi sunny_x1

I had a simillar problem on my Mach3 (hope it works om Mach4)
Have a OX cnc also with 2 motors Y & A (where A is the slave)

I use the following code for the "Ref All"

DoButton( 22 )     ' (This is the X axis)
RefCombination( 10 )  '   (Where the Ref combination means Y+A axis togheter)

DoOEMButton(133)
DoOEMButton(134) 

I do not calibrate my Z axis.

Hope it helps!  :)

Kent from Sweden