Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:14:23 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Mill installing, but not Turn  (Read 4620 times)

Offline sb5

•  5 5
    • View Profile
Mach3 Mill installing, but not Turn
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:35:45 PM »
Hello all,

I have been wrestling with setting up my cnc for quite some time now. I have a Lathe, thus only requiring the use of Mach3 Turn.

Mach3 Turn, Mill, PLasma and Lazy cam have all installed successfully on my laptop which has windows 7 home premium. However, I am trying to download mach3 turn to my desktop (which will be running my machine) and it continues to go to mach3 Mill. Very frustrating. The desktop has windows 7 Pro and is 32 bit.

The software is claiming that everything is being downloaded correctly, but that is not the case. I have been rebooting my computer after installation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Mach3 Mill installing, but not Turn
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
Hi,
if you run Mach3.exe  from the Mach folder you will be asked to select the profile you want to run.

Sounds to me like the shortcut you are using automatically selects the mill profile.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline sb5

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:44:08 AM »
I have tried this numerous times and have had no luck. I have made atleast three new Turn profiles that are cloned from the "Lathe" selection in the list. but when I open Mach3 Turn it opens as Mill...

Offline sb5

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:50:16 AM »
should I "downgrade" my desktop to Windows 7 home Premium from Professional?
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:53 AM »
Hi,
you can try that if you like but I don't think it will make any difference.

You are opening Mach and it is selecting the mill profile.

Have you tried running Mach3.exe as I suggested? It should ask you, and you are required to select the profile you want to run. Has that happened?

Craig

Offline sb5

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 07:45:30 PM »
Yes, I did that after you suggested and it is still happening.

I have been trying to get up and running for months now and I want to give up. I bought a "sherline/Taig" CNC Kit from BB6Corp. Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAIG-SHERLINE-Extended-30-Length-BED-CNC-Lathe-NEW/152660795492?hash=item238b4ae064:g:vPMAAOSwSlBY2Vhn

This guy has been so vague and not helpful and I am ready to send everything back and ask for a refund. I am also figuring out that he is just selling parts from amazon and calling it a name brand. i should have been more critical when i was looking into buying this.

Perhaps an actual Taig (such as their 5C machine) would give me better luck with adequate support to get the machine running.

I am just really frustrated at this point....
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:26:57 PM »
Hi,
so when you run Mach3.exe does it ask you to choose the profile?

Craig
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »
Hi,
I take it you are running a parallel port? Run DriverTest.exe and post screenshots of the results.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 02:15:50 AM »
Hi,
do you see these:

Craig

Offline sb5

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 09:24:33 PM »
I cannot screen shot it right now, but I have been through that screen several times and selected Mach3 Turn and have had the same results. I think that the guy that sold it to me sent me an incomplete version of Mach3. Now he is saying he is sending me the full version.

This is probably the issue. I won't be able to get to it until this weekend. Thanks.