Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:38:00 PM

Author Topic: Modbus Click PLC Brain  (Read 3305 times)

Modbus Click PLC Brain
« on: December 08, 2017, 07:08:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a machine where I have a turret tool changer controlled by a Click PLC. The PLC works fine and I can connect to it via the modbus settings (test modbus) to read and write to and from the holding registers, which all checks out ok. I want to use a simple brain that writes the new tool number into my PLC's holding register via modbus.

I've tried putting together a brain that passes the current tool DRO value through modbus to my PLC, but I can't seem to get it to do anything... The values change to that of the current tool, but it doesn't get written in to the register. I have tried all possible settings in the brain terminator but nothing works. I know modbus is working, because I can read and write to the registers in the test modbus page. I've even thought about handling this in the macro with some VB script, but I can't find anything about writing to registers via Modbus, there is info on reading from them though strangely...

Thanks!

Re: Modbus Click PLC Brain
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »
Well, I've been on this all evening and tried everything I could think of to get it working... When I was closing down my browser tabs about to call it a night I noticed something in another post  ::) In the Modbus Config, I had cfg#0 as in input holding, when I'm actually wanting to write to a holding register, making it an output holding.... duh! Tried it and it works  ;D