Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:45:27 AM

Author Topic: HELP new to csmio-s and MPG module.  (Read 3888 times)

Offline WMT

•  22 22
    • View Profile
    • www.intaglio.co.nz
HELP new to csmio-s and MPG module.
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:51:10 PM »
Im having trouble with getting the DRO moving when turning the pulse wheel. I can get mach3 to see the change in axis and resolution. The MPG module LED is flickering with the detents on the wheel. I have mach3 mpg#1 selected in ports and pins. The canbus address is 32. So i have set both port address in ports and pins to 32.
Does anyone have a screen cap of their MPG inputs they could share please. Or an idea as to what im missing?
I must also say im not using the handheld pendant. I have my own pulse wheel and axis selects wired up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should also note. I dont have any drives or motors connect as yet.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:53:02 PM by WMT »

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: HELP new to csmio-s and MPG module.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:42:44 AM »
hello i dont know because i dont have it set up at the moment. but two questions did you set it up in the mach mpg tab i believe the mpg must be enabled there. and in the diagnostics for the controller there might be a place to see if it getting pulses. also the plug in for the ip-a has settings for the mpg which must be configured i believe the same applies to the ip-s. check the paperwork even if it is for mach 3 it may clue you in it has for me in the past. good luck
mark

Offline WMT

•  22 22
    • View Profile
    • www.intaglio.co.nz
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 02:04:21 AM »
Thanks Mark4. I do have mpg#1 checked in mach3. But my documentation dosent show any values for ports and pins. And no I havent looked at mach3's diagnosis page. So thanks for the tip.

Offline WMT

•  22 22
    • View Profile
    • www.intaglio.co.nz
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 08:53:44 PM »
Problem solved. Mach3 does not require any port and pin information on the MPG config page. It doesn't even need the mpg#1 ticked either. It seems to work fine either way. I think I will do a short YouTube video showing my findings at a later stage.