Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:33:46 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys57 shared data  (Read 2487 times)

Pokeys57 shared data
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:29:46 PM »
Hopefully someone can help me out with this....

I would like to send data to and from a Pokeys 57E and mach3 from within PoBlocks. I'm finding the information regarding shared data minimalist and lacking to say the least. I think I know how to do this on the Pokeys side, I don't understand how to do it on the mach3 side. I'm guessing I would need to do this in a brain, but if it can be done in the I/O configuration that might work as well.

1)  From Pokeys to Mach, lets say I have assigned input5 (as in input 5 of the Pokeys board) to the first shared slot (S0), how do I make use of that bit in Mach3?

2) From Mach3 to PoBlock, lets say I have a bit in Mach3 (for example the Jog on/off button or Jog on/off LED) and I want to use that in PoBlocks, how do I get that data into the shared slot on the mach3 side?
Re: Pokeys57 shared data
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:06:51 PM »
Progress, I figured out #1) above.  I'm still trying to figure out #2)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 03:42:12 PM »
If you enable the exchange of shared data in both ways in Pokeys plugin options, you can just write to the OEM DRO and data will be sent to PoBlocks. Note that there is a limited number of shared slots that can be used this way and this should be indicated in the settings.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »
If you enable the exchange of shared data in both ways in Pokeys plugin options, you can just write to the OEM DRO and data will be sent to PoBlocks. Note that there is a limited number of shared slots that can be used this way and this should be indicated in the settings.

I enabled data from mach to the 57E so now have data back and forth.

The 57E is a pretty slick BOB.  It definitly has some strong points:
 + I really like PoBlocks for ease of use compared to using Brains, it would be nice to be able to copy from one xml to another though.
 + Nice small board, fits almost anywhere
 + Easy to use
 + Competitively priced and affordable.