Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:08:52 AM

Author Topic: Another RefAllHome question  (Read 2186 times)

Another RefAllHome question
« on: September 12, 2017, 04:03:27 PM »
I'll start with the question - anybody have a 3 axis RefAll script that backs off switch before starting next axis? The script in properties points to coroutine.yield.

OK now some backstory - due to a failure had to totally rebuild my Bridgeport BOSS and replace the PC.

To start - tore out the OEM axis electrics and rebuilt using ESS / C62 bob / Gecko G203v drives. Home switches are NC in series - trips NO / NC relay for 5v board input when switch pushed. Table / Quill limits managed by soft limits.

Anyhow - during the RefAll sequence (2, 0, 1) - We contact Z+, the quill does not move away from switch, and home sequence continues with X.  Z limit still tripped so x,y not active. Not good, glad I left plenty of room to hit home by hand before tabe got there.

Been searching for answers - figure script is required to move quill / table off switches based on results but no real luck as to what that would look like.

Thanks
Re: Another RefAllHome question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:11:14 AM »
Hi,
with the ESS having three ports you have easily enuf inputs that you can have one home switch per axis on an input. Three axes...three inputs.
You might require a second BoB, but how hard/expensive is that?

My homemade mill backs off each switch, activates its 'homed' LED before it continues with the next axis. I have three home switches on individual
inputs but don't think that should alter the homing sequence.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:26:23 AM »
Hi,
with the ESS having three ports you have easily enuf inputs that you can have one home switch per axis on an input. Three axes...three inputs.
You might require a second BoB, but how hard/expensive is that?

My homemade mill backs off each switch, activates its 'homed' LED before it continues with the next axis. I have three home switches on individual
inputs but don't think that should alter the homing sequence.

Craig

I guess my question is then 'Why does mach not back up after contacting limit'? Home LED activates at contact.

Meaning if Mach backed off after contact as it should, limit series would be NC and sequence would be fine.

Basically if running 3 parallel NC home switches - that's 3 relays instead of 1 in series, if anything happens to a limit switch it'll kill machine before finding out hard way.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
Hi,
'Why does mach not back up after contacting limit'? Home LED activates at contact.
Mach4 backs off a home switch, not a limit switch and the LED does not operate on contact.

The LED activates when the homing sequence for that axis is complete, that is the axis drives until the home switch operates, the axis stops and reverses
direction and backs off until the home switch deactivates, travels the required offset distance as assigned on the Mach Home/Soft limits page, the machine
co-ord for the axis is zeroed and finally the LED is turned on.

Confirm on Configure/Plugins/ESS/Pins Config that the input you are using for your string of home switches is assigned the correct port and pin with an appropriate
name like 'home'. On Configure/Plugins/ESS/Input Signals the Motor 0 Home, Motor 1 Home and Motor3 Home should all have the same signal  'home' assigned.
On Configure/Plugins/ESS/Homing page set the approach and offset speeds.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:51:45 PM »
The input is on P1 P3 - this is mapped only as home pin. No limit inputs active / tied to switches. The diag screen indicates Input 3 as green / 0-2 Home inputs outputs as amber - all flash when any switch pushed.

Offsets are set in Mach Homing Soft Limits
POS X (0) -.250 Soft Max 17.500 Min -.250
POS Y (1) -.250 Soft Max 12 Min -.250
NEG Z (2) +/- .200 Soft Max 4.800 min -.200

The Z homes as Neg - for some reason mach sees up as neg during Home. But correctly for keyboard jog fuctions. Been down the wire swapping path - thats how it is. If flip to be correct on home, its backwards rest of time. Tried offset on Z going both ways, but X, Y do not move NEG from switch when sequence switched either. When switch pushed - movement stops, LED for axis turns green and next axis starts.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »
Oops

Offsets are set in Mach Homing Soft Limits
POS X (0) -.250 Soft Max -17.500 Min -.250
POS Y (1) -.250 Soft Max -12.00 Min -.250
NEG Z (2) +/- .200 Soft Max 4.800 min -.200

Basically what we want to do is successfully home Z, back off / home X, back off / home Y, back off. Really can't do anything until we may Home the machine.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:31:57 PM »
Gosh darn it -
NEG Z (2) +/- .200 Soft Max -4.800 min -.200
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Hi,
looks like your sorted.

As I commented earlier you have lots of inputs available with the ESS and really no need to combine limits and homes the way we
did with PP.

Craig