Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:23:25 PM

Author Topic: Wanted  (Read 5275 times)

Wanted
« on: September 04, 2017, 09:08:03 PM »
I think that a separate "Wanted" section would no go amiss ! or is it that I haven't found it yet ?

'Steelies do it without fretting'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:39:48 AM »
Good suggestion, so far we have managed with a 'Wanted' Ad in the 'Bargain Basement' section http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,42.0.html but I am sure the forum could always be improved.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »
Yes, I believe the "Bargain Basement" is far too low on the viewable list of forums, and secondly the wording is ambiguous as it gives NO indication that wanted  is there, just sales.
[Bargain Basement
You can freely post your add for things to sell in this thread.]  etc..

Oh yes if you could implement "Automatic Scaling" of pictures hosted elsewhere it may encourage posters to just post links to external hosts and therefore reduce the amount of space the forum uses on the server.. (It's a standard PHP code) https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=577794
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:54:34 AM by basilhenriques »
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »
Presently your preference are wrong, when you double click or 'open' a posted image's thumbnail, what's then displayed is not scaled to the screen and can require scrolling in both directions to inspect it.
I think that 'uploaded' images should be automatically scaled to fit the forum's page size..That way large ones like the one I posted will not occupy as much server space..That's just a thought, encouraging posters to host elsewhere (if at all possible) would be the better option.
The image here is what the mod will do..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:06:38 AM by basilhenriques »