Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:57:34 PM

Author Topic: Machine position  (Read 1174 times)

Machine position
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »
Hi! I'm new to the forum and recently purchased my license for Mach4. I'm running a 3 axis CNC router with a G540 and ESS. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here and couldn't find anything when searching the forum and google. Might not be using the right terms.

On the main page where it should show my machine position/work position, I'm just getting zeros all the time. If I go to the offsets tab I can see the machine position change as I jog. Do I need to reinstall or make a new profile? Change some setting or customization? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: Machine position
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 04:16:14 PM »
Hi,
the DRO block has two tabs....'current position' and 'program extents'. Without a program loaded the extents are all zero and they don't change
as you jog. Ensure that the 'current position' tab is displayed.

At the bottom of the DRO block there are some buttons including 'machine co-ords' and 'distance to go'. Flick the 'machine co-ords' button a few times
just to ensure the DRO is displaying co-ords rather than distance.

Bye the way-welcome aboard.
Let us know how you get on.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Machine position
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »
Craig, thank you so much for your reply. It turns out that there was something wrong with my screenset or the software itself. I reinstalled Mach4 and now everything is working as expected. The good news is that I didn't even have to set up my ESS again as all of those settings were saved when I reinstalled. Not sure what happened, but I'm happy now!

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk