Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:59:49 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 port 1 pins current state show all lights off motors wont move  (Read 3941 times)

Hi, I am new to the forum and to mach3. Just purchased an old Bridgeport boss and redid the entire cabinet, I am using geckos 203v with a db25-1205 BOB I have everything hooked up according to the diagrams, I have checked all cables for continuity and everything is connected properly. I am using a 72V 16amps power supply and I have all superior stepper motors (original BP motors). I have done the initial installation and configuration but I have no light showing on my port 1 pins.

DRO moves but motors dont, they are energized as they lock up as soon as i turn the cabinet on.

I have no estop or limits switches connected to the breakout board since I just want to test for movement first and then add the switches and estop.

I read on another post to check on the voltage from direction pin and ground on the BOB, they all have 1 VDC, should i be getting a different reading when I press the keyboard arrows?

Any help is appreciated

Best Regards

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 port 1 pins current state show all lights off motors wont move
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 01:29:03 AM »
Ignore the Port 1 Pins current State - that display does not always work as expected.

Your Direction pins voltage should read approximately 5Volts (or 3.3Volts) when jogging in one direction and approximately 0Volts when jogging in the other direction.

If you attach your .xml file - the one from your Mach3 folder - we can check your configuration for possible errors.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:01:10 AM »
Hey tweaking,

Thanks I will post the .xml as soon as I get back from work.

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 07:22:15 AM »
Check your working from your BOB to your motor driver's.  I just experienced the same thing.  I found the wiring diagram shows ground/common wired up to the + connections of pul and dir and the output pins wired to the - connections.  The BOB used in the diagram that I used had ground jumpered for 5+ volts that I was unable to do with my BOB.  Switch the wiring to your driver's, output pins to the + connections and ground to the - and see if that helps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »
Check your working from your BOB to your motor driver's.  I just experienced the same thing.  I found the wiring diagram shows ground/common wired up to the + connections of pul and dir and the output pins wired to the - connections.  The BOB used in the diagram that I used had ground jumpered for 5+ volts that I was unable to do with my BOB.  Switch the wiring to your driver's, output pins to the + connections and ground to the - and see if that helps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
My response should read Check your wiring from your BOB to your motor drivers.  My phone likes to autocorrect something it doesn't recognize.  Sorry for the confusion.  The Edit function was malfunctioning through TapaTalk and so I wasn't able to correct it.