Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 10:19:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  Feature Requests
| | |-+  ARC-ON TIMER AND PIERCE COUNTER IN MACH3
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ARC-ON TIMER AND PIERCE COUNTER IN MACH3  (Read 664 times)
enzed

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:59 AM »

On 15 August 2014, DaveK0974 and BLM enquired about the possibility of having 'arc-on timer' and 'pierce counter' functions in Mach3. But I do not see any answers or follow-ups to their queries. Is it possible to have these functions added or activated in Mach3? It would be very useful to obtain information on these parameters whenever plasma cuts are made so as to be better able to calculate cutting and general operating costs. enzed
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 05:08:31 AM »

Hi Enzed,

Development of Mach3 has ended in favor of Mach4 so it is extremely unlikely that any additional functions will ever be added to Mach3 in the future. However, this should not stop enterprising Mach3 users from developing additional functions within the scope of the Screen Designer, Brains, etc.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:11:31 AM by Tweakie.CNC » Logged

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
enzed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:28:04 AM »

Hi Tweakie,

Thanks for the fast response. Developing additional functions for some of us, is easier said than done, especially those of us who, like myself, are beginners with the Mach software, or are not computer and programming wizards! Regards, enzed
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 06:37:05 AM »

Hi Enzed,

I fully understand - I have been using Mach2/3 for 10 years now and I still don't know the half of it. But, learning can be fun so please take a look at the videos and other documentation http://www.machsupport.com/videos/ - if you really need it you will be able to do it and we are all here to help if we can.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
enzed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 07:06:07 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement, guidance and the offer of assistance and support Tweakie, it is is much appreciated. Yes, perhaps it is not as difficult as I imagine it to be, if I look at the videos and also try and work out something myself. Thanks again and best wishes. Enzed.
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: