Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:40:29 AM

Author Topic: Setting WCS with Haimer 3D  (Read 2208 times)

Setting WCS with Haimer 3D
« on: July 22, 2017, 10:59:20 AM »
This is probably a simple question to answer for the experienced, but I rarely get to use Mach4 to learn the ins and outs of everything so I'm at a loss for the moment.

What I've done is set up my Haimer 3D sensor as my tool 1--the height is set in the table to when the Z length is zero'ed out. My other tools are also setup in my Mach tool table.

I load my g-code I wish to run, insert the Haimer on the machine manually, and then on the Program Run screen enter the current tool as 1. I zero out the X and Y edges of the part and lastly the top of the stock. At this point I remove the sensor, press cycle start and insert the first tool during the tool change pause. Cycle start again and then the program runs. The Z comes down and then begins operation at a height a few inches about the part. (It's at Z zero for the Haimer, but say the flycutter being shorter is not at the correct lower height)

In the past I just set the first tool touching off of the part but now having the Haimer I'd like to be using that for setup.
Re: Setting WCS with Haimer 3D
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 12:39:18 PM »
In most CNCs I have run the T word must have another code to apply tool length like H1. So you need to apply the length for the Haimer before setting 0 then apply the length for the new tool.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 03:37:46 PM »
See the Gcode manuals that come with the install of Mach4 (Docs folder). They cover tool offsets.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »
Looks like I figured out my problem, I didn't have the Active Tool Height turned on while setting the zero. Again, a simple mistake from my lack of using the software.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »
Glad you got it sorted.  :)
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 01:27:14 AM »
This sounds very much like the issue I had in my post the other day. I'll have a look for the Active Tool Height and see if that fixes my problem.