Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:56:31 AM

Author Topic: Rough jogging...need help  (Read 2204 times)

Rough jogging...need help
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
Hello all, I am new to the forum. I recently upgraded from planetCNC software to mach4 with a pokeys57cnc board. I have the axis calibrated and moving, but when they are jogging, the axis are very jerky and rough. If I reference all home, the axis move smoothly. Not quite sure why jogging is rough. They ran smoothly with the other setup. The pokeys is connected via USB if that make a difference. Please let me know what other information you need.
Thanks,
James
Re: Rough jogging...need help
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »
Scratch that it was running smooth with homing. It was just running slower so it seemed smoother. I tried running a program and it is rough as can be. Makes me think I have a setting off somewhere, but I can not find it.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:02:24 PM »
So I configured the 57cnc for Ethernet and it is running smooth now. Why is the USB so rough?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 05:04:48 AM »
The capability of USB connection depends heavily on your computer's hardware. Some manufacturers provide sub-par USB controller drivers that may deliver full speed in transfer speeds, but be very slow to exchange the data both ways (to and from the device). PoKeys devices depend on constant exchange of information between the PC application and the device - if the system and drivers can't cope with it, the PoKeys device will not be able to fully reconstruct the motion data received from Mach.
There is a troubleshooting option in the PoKeys configuration application that tests for operational speed and it is planned that such a test to be incorporated into the Mach4 plugin directly.
If you experience problems with slow USB connection, please inform PoLabs support about it and provide information on your system information (motherboard type, operating system version etc.).
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope