Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 02:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  Mach3 under Vista
| | |-+  Please help?
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please help?  (Read 1119 times)
gabedrummin

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:35:44 AM »

I do believe I have a problem with Mach3 . When jogging continuously  it will move .500 TO .750 of an inch then move another 3/4 of an inch and it looks like the motor jumps . It dose not move as smoothly as I would like . Motors make no noise. Now in Mach 3 when I do the driver test it is all over the map Too fast too slow excellent too slow.Never stays steady for more than a second or two. I have tried low gain medium gain high gain factory gain .And tuned the motor to be quite on all settings and no help I also tried encoder settings from 500 to 2000 and no help ,anyone have any suggestions how to make it run better?Or should I bite the bullet and buy a smooth stepper motion controller. My current set up is a c-10 BOB 4 Gecko 320x set at 500 encoder line count low gain 256 following error. 1x step. Laptop running windows xp . Any help is much appreciated thanks guys.
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »

If you are using a laptop then you need a motion controller such as the ESS or similar (Laptops are not supported for Mach3 use with the parallel port).

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
gabedrummin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 10:32:33 AM »

I got a smooth stepper and it fixed the problem no more pesky Ltp port...!
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: