Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:47:58 AM

Author Topic: steppers nocking  (Read 1878 times)

Offline ozzey

•  45 45
    • View Profile
steppers nocking
« on: June 27, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »
i have a new computor made of new parts (old stock ) i have it working but it has a nocking noise in the steppers it runs windows XP can anyone sergest any thing i can try to fix it
Re: steppers nocking
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 08:34:34 PM »
Hi,
how about some info? Parallel port or external controller? If parallel what kernel speed? If parallel what does
DriverTest.exe reveal? What 'steps per'? How many microsteps per step? What velocity and accel in motor tuning?
Can you post a Gcode sequence of moves that shows the fault?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:59:56 AM »
Post the info requested in  reply #2.

The knocking sound you hear "may" be caused by a poor pulse signal coming from the parallel port / computer.
You would need to look at the signal with a o'scope to see it. My experience was "ringing"  on the pulse signal.
There is NOTHING you can do about it, conditioning, etc., etc. other than use an external motion controller.

RICH

Offline ozzey

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »
the old computer was working good its very old  need a back up CP for when it stops working so i know the mill set up is good on my mill must be the PC i have reinstaled XP  will try it tomorow im useing paralle port i used the XML file from old PC

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 04:01:56 AM »
I think you need to turn off ACPI and convert the new XP installation to a STD PC with NON-ACPI HAL.
All new PCs are built with ACPI bios.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"