Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:21:47 AM

Author Topic: Axis won't move  (Read 2557 times)

Axis won't move
« on: May 24, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »
I have the latest firmware.  3.54. and the most recent version of Mach4.  I can't get my axis to jog.  I've got movement when I test the motion in the plugin configuration.  When I try to jog the machine via; keyboard, buttons, MDI, or G Code.  Nothing moves.
Also, attached is a picture of, I don't know what.  It pops up whenever I open Mach4.  It looks like it is HiCON's background information. I have no idea what it is and I've never seen it before.  If I close the additional program it closes Mach4. 
Chad Byrd

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
Re: Axis won't move
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:44:41 PM »
Cbyrdtopper,
It is most likely some settings need changing.
Not sure what equipment you have or if your have this value in the setting.
Try a Polling Frequency of 100Hz in the HiCON config.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »
Mauri,
I changed my Polling Frequency to 100Hz.  Still no change.  However, I think I may be having power issues; I keep getting the Hicon Plugged in message, the message that it shows when you first connect the controller.  Does that make sense?  I'm going to try this latest version of Mach 4 also.  It was released yesterday (5-24-17) I think.
Also, the screen that was popping up in the background is the Debug Window, or whatever it is called.  It is a checkbox on the first tab of the Hicon config screen.  
Something strange about that screen, it shows every instance of change in the controller (I was messing around with it) and noticed when I jog the Axis it updates an internal position in the Hicon.  Nothing is changing in Mach 4, but there are numbers changing in this debug window.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:38:08 PM by Cbyrdtopper »
Chad Byrd
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »
hi Cbyrdtopper,

please contact office 623-434-5873.  we can do remote login to fix the issue.

regards
Ricardo
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
Ricardo, I will call in the morning.   Thanks!
Chad Byrd