Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:03:04 PM

Author Topic: Mapping screen button to pokeys ExtBus pin  (Read 3132 times)

Mapping screen button to pokeys ExtBus pin
« on: May 16, 2017, 04:54:16 PM »
Hi. What is wrong with this script below?
I wrote this as a down script on an button in screen editor to trigger an output on my Pokeys56U ExtBus board.
I dont get any errors, but it wont work either...

Do I NEED to assign all inputs and outputs to signals in MACH edit? Or is it possible to adress directly as I tried here?

------------------------------------------
function testing()
local inst= mc.mcGetInstance();
local out4= mc.mcSignalGetHandle(inst, ("PoKeys_30346 PoExtBus/PoExtBus 01.2"));
mc.mcSignalSetState(out4, true);
end

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mapping screen button to pokeys ExtBus pin
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:20:34 PM »
I haven't had a chance to play with the pokeys and Mach4 yet myself but had look at Custom signal mapping in their manual included in the zip at the following link and it seems like it should work.

https://www.poscope.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/Pokeys/LibrariesAndPlugins/PoKeys%20Mach3%20plugin%20+%20manual%20(28.3.2017).zip

Configure the inputs, add the input signal to the sig lib table in the screen load script and create the function there that you want to run when the input signal changes state.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 01:05:11 PM »
Hi. Yes I know it can be done that way. The thing is that Mach only got 64 signal inputs and 64 outputs. I need a lot more to cover my needs on my control panel.
Therfore I was hoping to adress Pokeys I/O's directly not using Mach signals. At least for some of my buttons.
I dont know much about LUA, so this is pretty hard to do... I just have to copy and paste from scripts I find online and hope for the best.

I did read that PDF :)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 12:43:51 PM »
For buttons with Pokeys. Have you tried to use the keyboard matrix feature in the plugin config?