Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:02:00 AM

Author Topic: screen size  (Read 5142 times)

screen size
« on: May 06, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »
I have a new cnc lathe and mach3 was loaded on it.  The mach3  screen was full size of the monitor screen which was great.  But I did something and now the mach 3 screen is about 2/3 the monitor screen size.  I don't know what I did, but whatever I can not get the mach3 to go to full screen size .  Anyone have an answer to get it back to full screen size??
Re: screen size
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:20:47 PM »
NOTE: You are asking a Mach3 question in the Mach4 section of the forum.

Steps to get Mach3 to run in full screen mode for Mill screens, hopefully it works for Lathe screens.

1) check on the Config > General Config  ... Auto Screen Enlarge should be checked. It is in the Screen Control box in the lower right quadrant.

2) Accept and close Config

3) Select the Maximize button on the title bar in the upper right. Screen will enlarge, but graphics will remain old size for not.

4) Shut down and restart Mach3. It should restart with full screen in use with enlarged graphics.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:29:25 PM by Steve Stallings »
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »
Wow! I do owe you thanks a million.  This has been driving me crazy for 2 days.  I had gone to the config and checked the enlarge screen button before, but I didn't think to hit the maximize button on the right corner and then restart.  I knew it had to be something simple but never figured out the right combination of things to do.

Maybe you can help me with one other mind boggling problem  I just got a new Syil America AEX 250which is a very nice lathe and has automatic tool change.  But I have a problem.  Lets say I calibrate tools 1 and 2 and get the offsets.  If I put in m6 tool change to tool 2 T0200 the tool changer works and rotates to tool 2, but the coordinates on the screen are not correct.  If I then manually enter tool2 the coordinates change to the correct values.  I tried many times and still have not had any solution.  It seems as though Mach3 knows to change the tool but not to change to the correct offset.  If you can help me with this I will be eternally grateful. I live in San Diego and would like to buy you a beer if you are ever in this area.

Bob Piserchio
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »
Sorry, but I have no experience running Mach3 in lathe mode.

Lathes do differ from mills in their G code usage for tool change.

I suggest that you re-post this question in the Mach General Discussion section of the forum with an updated subject line.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 11:52:36 PM »
Oups - first read, then write =:O
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 11:56:32 PM »
I don't understand your comment??
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 11:58:43 PM »
I wrote what Steve had already written - but I got aware of his answer after I pressed the post-botton.
So just ignore my writings.