Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:19:56 AM

Author Topic: Cannot set Machine coordinates G54 to 0.00 in the offset tab!!  (Read 3524 times)

Under the fixture Tab in the fixture table, G54 is defaulting with a negative 0.5254. I have tried every combination and cannot get it to stay to 0. This is causing any project where I need to cut material 3/4" in the material, the machine already thinks it's a 1/2" down into the material. If anyone can explain to me to get G54 to stay at 0, I'd appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Mike
Re: Cannot set Machine coordinates G54 to 0.00 in the offset tab!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 06:57:07 AM »
Hi,
have a look on the Machine Diagnostics tab. Sometimes a G92 offset becomes active and screws your work offsets up.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 07:37:59 AM »
Thank you for a responce
i looked the Machine diagnostics it is not active .
 All of the setting on the fixture table tab are 0.00 but the G54 line. Program will allow me to set line G54 to 0, but will not stay.
I feel it is a setting i am missing. i am new to cnc and mach 4  I built a 6x10, 4 axes machine with nena 34s . spindle 4kw water cooled
 machine works great.  but this!!  The Machine thinks its almost 1/2"  down in the material , i could tell the machine  a thicker material, but i would perfer to fix the problem.
My drawings are in autocad 2014LT, cambam for cam, pmdx 424 breakout board, any help would be great
Thank you
Mike
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »
How are you setting your z zero?
Chad Byrd

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 03:36:20 PM »
Have a look on Mach Config and see if you have an entry in the Home offset
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:38:38 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 08:28:39 AM »
Thank you
Not sure my reply went through
Under the Home offsets it is 0
I an at a lost !!
Mike
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 01:05:01 PM »
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the G54 offset is your work offset and reflects the distance between work zero and machine zero.  If you home the machine,  everything should be zero.  If you jog somewhere else and zero all (set your work zero), machine coordinates and work offset will match and current position will be zero.  If you jog again and hit zero all, again, machine coordinates and work offset change to the same number and current position goes to zero.

If you set a G52 offset to say G52X2Y2, G92 offset changes to X2 Y2 and current position changes to X-2 Y-2.  If you jog now and hit zero all, machine coordinates and work offset stay the same while current position goes to X-2 Y-2.  Now if you MDI G52X0Y0, current position and work offset go to zero.

My understanding is that G54 always represents the distance from machine zero to work zero and you can not just change that G54 value...unless you home the machine.

In your case, if you are setting your work zero properly and your gcode is referencing work coordinates and not machine coordinates, it should work propely.  For instance, if your DRO's are zero'd out, G90 G00 Z-1 would sent the Z down 1" relative to it's current position in work coordinates (zero).  G90 G53 G00 Z-1 would send the Z to -1" relative to machine zero, wherever that may be.

We always had issues in Mach3 homing.  When the machine was referenced, it would lose position now and then.  No issues when the machine was not referenced.  For that reason, we never referenced the machine, we just worked from work zero.  Mach4 is not that way.  Homing in Mach4 is very predictable and works great.  If you're trying to run with the machine de-referenced, try homing it and see if that helps.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 09:16:21 PM »
Thank you for all the response
I contacted mach4 support, i was trying to reset offsets under the offsets tab, not under view  I totaly missed that !!!!
working great now
Thank you
Mike