Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:44:24 PM

Author Topic: XHC USB Motion Controller Speed Input  (Read 8864 times)

XHC USB Motion Controller Speed Input
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »
I am trying to set up a Lathe using a XHC 3 axis USB Motion Controller with Mach 3. Everything works great but I cannot get Mach 3 to read a consistent index pulse, indicated speed bounces around plus or minus 50 rpm of actual speed.

I am using a Hall Effect detector with an external 5v supply and the signal connected to Input 15 (not that it seems to matter which input I use as all result in the same problem). Mach 3 is running on a 64 bit Windows 7 computer (but have also tried it on a 32 bit XP computer). I have the Index debounce set to zero and Spindle Speed Averaging ON.

I have measured the pulse frequency from the detector and it is stable and accurately gives the actual spindle speed.

I have emailed the manufacturer of the motion controller twice in the last couple of weeks but have had no response at all.

I am fairly convinced that I have either wired the detector wrong or I have set something wrong in Mach 3.

If anybody has any idea how to solve this I would be most grateful as I'm desperate to have a go at Metric threading on my old Smart & Brown Sable Imperial lathe (now a CNC Lathe!!).

Many Thanks.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: XHC USB Motion Controller Speed Input
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 02:18:17 AM »
Hi Ted,

You could try sending an email to   cdxhctech_ly@163.com.   This is their after-sales service engineer.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 04:58:39 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

Thanks for the response, unfortunately this is the guy I have emailed twice with no response, maybe he is on holiday or something. I'll send another email to them soon.

Ted
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 11:54:36 PM »
Daer Ted,

I will feedback this matter to our  after-sales engineer.

Regards

Alex He
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:07:32 AM »
Thanks Alex
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 09:28:35 AM »
I have XHC MKV-ethernet, and I have a similar problem.
I also wrote to the producer, but nobody has written back yet.

Has your problem been solved?
I have already tested various sensors (optical, magnetic, 5v, 24v).
Either I have a problem with mach3 or with motion board.

In my setup, speed is displayed every 60 .... (60,120,180,240,300 ......)
I don't know how to change it.
Changing the number of pulses in the controller plugin settings does not change anything.

short video:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=18gI7IyYStjs48CP5CFRQYdduAhZ3ie1R

Please help me.
Best regards,
Karol.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 11:59:10 AM »
Hi Karol

I never got a reply from the producer, but after a lot of messing about realised that the thing cannot accept a pulse input.
It can only send an output to a variable frequency drive (VFD) and Mach 3 assumes the speed is as set.

I eventually gave up with it and Mach 3 (glad I didn't buy the full version of Mach 3).

I then went on to convert my mill to cnc but using Arduino, GRBL and Fusion 360 all of which works great.

Sorry I can't really help.

Ted
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »
Thank you for the quick information, it's hard to hear the sad news.
I will wait for info from the producer, I hope they will help.
If not, it means that XHC is a very weak device.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 07:10:18 PM »
Hi,

If not, it means that XHC is a very weak device.

Sorry to say, but on the basis of manufacturer support, XHC is not just 'weak', its absolute rubbish. I feel sorry
for those people who buy them, I just wished they had asked or even spent a couple of hours reading on the forum
before they bought.

Do yourself a favour and look to US and European manufacturers that support their products:

ESS by Warp9TD
UC100,UC400,UC300 by CNCDrive
57CNC,57CNCdb25 by PoKeys.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'