Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:09:15 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 stopped recognising my lathe  (Read 2188 times)

Mach4 stopped recognising my lathe
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:24:01 PM »
Hey guys, I recently acquired a nice pokey mini lathe and managed to get the x and z axes moving in mach4 and the spindle SRO reading but realised I hadn't plugged the spindle power into the controller. Once I did this however mach4 stopped detecting my lathe on the profile I had.

I've tried replacing the profile from a backup, rebooted numerous times and reinstalled mach4 to no effect. Creating a new profile and using the wizard to add the lathe seems to detect the device but mach4 crashes before the wizard finishes every time I attempt this.

Any ideas what might be going on here?
Re: Mach4 stopped recognising my lathe
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:39:42 PM »
The specific error message I receive is "One or more of PoKeys devices were not found. Close Mach4, check the connections and power, then restart Mach4"

I am running Windows 10 and connected to the controller via the network cable. I have tried a different cable and I have tried running in Windows 8 compatibility mode :)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Mach4 stopped recognising my lathe
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:11 AM »
1. Check that you have latest Mach4 plugin (8.21.0.3344) and latest PoKeys firmware (4.2.32)
2. Run 'Troubleshooting' from the PoKeys application
3. Close any other application that may be using PoKeys device when you use Mach4
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope