Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:42:49 AM

Author Topic: Threading cutting Tool path running incorrectly in Mach3 turn Version R3.043.066  (Read 4887 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Some comments on the posted code FWIW....

N10 G90 G95 G18
c- G95 is fine if your your using spindle control but if not then G94 may be more appropriate and G94 rate can be sellected in the tool setup in Fusion.

N12 G28 U0.
c- U0 is Fanuc and not Mach3 dialect of code. In Fusion all my code  is based on X&Z=0, which is for a front tool post. The way I work is to set the master or any defined tool in Mach to the X=0 and Z = whatever ( BTW....via probing) and manualy define a home position and part location. No automation here, but also use a custom screen set to make things easy!

G28 can be tricky and get ya if your not carefull in it's use!

N15 M8
c- got rid of the coolant as i don't need the command

N17 G97 S300 M3
G97 is a Fanuc code for constant suface speed
C- since my spindle is not controlled, don't want the command but keep the S and M3
command so that I get rpm readout and what rpm defined in Fusion

N124 M9
N125 G28 U0. W0.
N126 M30
%
C- Got rid of the G28, similar problem as what is posted in the start of the
of the posted code and no need to turn the colant off here.In use. desire / want a
specifc G28 with defined intermeadiate point.

Remember that what gets posted is based on Fusion defaults and your definitions
as you progressed through the process ....drawing, setup, tool definition, etc and all
that should be in agreement with your Lathe setup / tools and the way you work. So depending on what you did you may see additional coding posted.

Frankly most of the stuff here is always one of a kind, just want the actualy gcode for
the machining, and add some minor code as needed to take care of how a tool change is done and also if the program will be run for multiple part cutting using differnt work offsets. 

RICH
Hi Rich
I finally got it working in fusion 360  by slowing down the feed rate to 200 mm/min   if the feed rate is set any higher than 200 then it does not make it back to ZO  also if you don't give it enough clearance it won't make it back to Z0  I'm not 100% sure but I think what the problem might be is that  my  Z axes  can't move quick enough so it arrives At the cut depth  then moves back to the start of the thread and starts cutting, the  faster  you set the feedrate  the worse the era gets

thanks again for all your help regards Mark

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Mark,
In the Simple Threading wizard you can check if you are exceeding your configured feedrate and acceleration and it will give you a warning. Software is rather dumb and what you say it will do or try to!

RICH
Are they going to fix the bugs in mach3

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Not to my knowledge.

RICH
Has anyone tried the one Da Base is selling? I am interested in his if I can get some feedback on it