Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:17:00 AM

Author Topic: G-Code newbie - G54 always in code from Fusion?  (Read 13533 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: G-Code newbie - G54 always in code from Fusion?
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »
FWIW,
Have not used Fusion for the mill / router but for the lathe module, relative to the posting of the G28..........

I have not found anywhere, other than changing the post processor, that will change the posting of the G28.
Changing the conditions of the parameter Go Home under Compare and Edit for example, the G28 still gets posted
at the beginning and end.

I don't recommend changing the post processor unless you understand where, why and how it should be done.
There are a few videos about understanding / navigating the post processor.

RICH

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »
if you have a look at the post vids on the HSM youtube chanell, it makes it quite easy. have a look at the attached pick

Offline Wip

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 08:40:51 PM »
Haha, there are always "those guys".  I definitely appreciate all the tips and help...I've been at this for about a week total so still LOTS to learn.  I've peeked at the Mach3 manual and get in over my head pretty quick but it really is a pretty amazing piece of software, never worked with anything that is so configurable.

I had to reread but yup...You said meters!  I get nervous when my little toy "rapids" more than a few inches haha.  I was already talking to the wife about building a bigger machine...Even a 1 meter footprint would be quite a bit larger.

Anyway, back on topic, I will try the G40 G49....Most likely, as in I'm 99% sure any "error" is all on me.

That's a good tip about G54 just going straight home...I'm going to look back at a couple of my earlier attempts and see what the ending code was.  The cutter definitely returned to the part zero at the end but not sure if by way of G28 or 54.

Lots to learn, definitely having fun though.

Thanks again

Looks like you guys replied as I was typing...Definitely not thinking about editing the Fusion post process (talk about being a dangerous haha)...Just wondered if there was a quick and dirty trick almost like a failsafe for a monkey like me to avoid dragging the cutter through anymore parts

Offline Wip

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »
Yes, when setting G28 to no then Fusion uses G54.  What I was still confused about was in Mach3...Under config...Fixtures - there's a screen where you can fill in values for G54 and save them.  But if my understanding is correct then I should just leave that area alone (don't save a G54)...And when I start a new part the work zero becomes the G54 for that particular project.

Also, when I close Mach3 I have been saying no if it asks if I want to save fixture changes.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:40 PM »
Yes, when setting G28 to no then Fusion uses G54.  What I was still confused about was in Mach3...Under config...Fixtures - there's a screen where you can fill in values for G54 and save them.  But if my understanding is correct then I should just leave that area alone yes do that (don't save a G54)...And when I start a new part the work zero becomes the G54 for that particular project. only if you home first or know where home is

Also, when I close Mach3 I have been saying no if it asks if I want to save fixture changes. say yes

Offline Wip

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »
Looking forward to trying that out.

This will be the plan:
1.  Start Mach3
2.  G40 and G49
3.  Jog router to a safe spot with Z raised a couple inches
4.  Click Ref All Home in Machine Coordinates
5.  Jog router to stock/part and zero X Y Z
6.  Make sure G28 is "no" from Fusion
7.  Let it rip

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »
you can just do that in the air better to be safe then spending $20 000 for a new machine
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
can anyone help me i just got mach3 trying to build a guitar but the guitar is going side ways from my table how to turn bodyany help on this issue

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »
gibson22,
Post is off topic.
have you  watched any of the tutorials or  read the Mach manuals?

RICH

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:14:10 PM by RICH »
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 09:28:37 PM »
gibson22,
Post is off topic.
have you  watched any of the tutorials or  read the Mach manuals?

RICH
yes didnt see nothing in it