Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:40:15 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 in Windows 7... Z plane problem...  (Read 3451 times)

Mach3 in Windows 7... Z plane problem...
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
Hi. I have Mach3 running on a fully updated Windows 7 PC. The problem I have been having is: When I am doing a 1mm deep engraving on Plexiglas, The Z keeps slowly increasing depth of cut as the pattern goes along. The software says it is going to Z0.0000, but the physical depth keeps increasing... could it be with the motor tuning? Too much acceleration or velocity that causes this? It is repeatable, and FRUSTRATING!!!! Any suggestions to check out? Thanks.
Re: Mach3 in Windows 7... Z plane problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:50:39 AM »
Oh... I have tried to downgrade the PC - Which I built from scratch - To XP, but the board is Bio star, with an i5 processor. I keep getting the blue screen of death every time I try to install XP... I guess newer hardware is not good for XP...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:07:28 AM »
Perhaps place a mark (or sticky tape etc.) on your Z axis motor shaft to verify if it actually is turning during the job.
Also check the tightness of the tool in it's collet.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »
Hey Tweakie,

Thanks for the suggestions... I did those already, before I posted my problem... I got it figured out. I slowed down the acceleration of the Z axis slightly first - This did nothing!!! Problem was still there.... I put it back to normal. The thing that fixed the depth problem was this: I changed the Z1.0000 to Z2.0000 for the free travel - No more error with the depth at Z0.0000 increasing!!! Weird... I guess going up then down by only 1mm caused the stepper to increase by 0.1mm each time it went down!!! When I changed the travel to 2mm, it stopped!! Very Strange... Oh- I'm using a 6040 machine.