Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:02:34 PM

Author Topic: Y&A Axes Move the Wrong Direction  (Read 2971 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Y&A Axes Move the Wrong Direction
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:29:11 PM »
Y&A Axes Move the Wrong Direction

When I stand in front of my cnc, X axis moves left / right, Z axis moves up/dn and the Y/A axes moves away from me or towards me (up/dn). To avoid confusion X axis moves with the right/left arrows, Z with the page up/dn arrows and Y&A with the up/dn arrows.

All is set correct except the Y&A. I have been playing with the Active Lows on the input signals and motor outputs plus clicking the Reverse in the Homing/Limits with no success. I can get Y&A to move up/dn the way I like it but then when at the MID screen I type G0Y1.0 the axes moves up (away from me) which is the negative way and I think it will create a conflict when I start a gcode.

In comparison the X axis when I type G0X1.0 modes to the right and Z when I type G0Z-1.0 moves down which both are correct

Any ideas what I do wrong?
Nicolas
Re: Y&A Axes Move the Wrong Direction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:19:32 PM »
If you are having the axis jog incorrectly when using the keyboard, go to Config, System hotkeys, and setup the keys to go the way you want.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:41:45 PM »
Never played with the hotkeys but I will do it and hopefully all will be fine
Thanks
Nicolas
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 05:48:35 PM »
Let us know how you make out.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »
Looking at the Mach3 manual it says to be careful to assign keys because it may create confusion. I decided not to change any keys and look further on how to fix this problem. In another cnc I had I never had this problem and I’m surprised now why it happens. If I find no other solution I will change the wiring on Y&A axes.

Thanks Mike for your time
Nicolas

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »
If X+ moves to the right, then Y+ SHOULD move away from you.

You can arbitrarily assign directions, it must follow the standard cartesian coordinate system.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 05:12:26 PM »
It was my mistake Gerry all along, now all is fine. I was confusing the gcode's plus/minus direction. Sorry
Nicolas
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:45:41 PM »
At least you got it straightened out in the end.

Mike

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 06:15:05 PM »
Yes Mike, my apologies
Nicolas