Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:10:09 AM

Author Topic: Run from here  (Read 1685 times)

Run from here
« on: February 08, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »
Hi
I was reading a post in which run from here was being talked about. I have a slight noise problem in my wiring which I have been trying to find the culprit, In the mean time when running code sometimes during the end of a long run I get an estop and must run from here. Mach rewinds the code and must go thru to the line requested which can take quite a bit of time if it is a long session. Am I doing this correctly or is there a faster way to run from here.
Thanks Bill
Re: Run from here
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 03:40:53 PM »
Bill take a look around the forum, I found some enlightening posts regarding issues with " Run from here ". I also had problems with it, some were posted in 2012.
good luck
dave
Re: Run from here
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 04:33:30 AM »
Hi william55,
RFH is not that big a mystery. This is from the manual:
6.2.7.8 Run from here
Run from here performs a dummy run of the part program to establish what the modal state
(G20/G21, G90/G91 etc.) should be and then prompts for a move to put the controlled point
in the correct position to for the start of the line in Line Number. You should not attempt to
Run from here in the middle of a subroutine.
6.2.7.9 Set next line
Like Run from here but without the preparatory mode setting or move.

So when you hit RFH the machine does a dummy run to that point, is doesn't move or anything, just make believe so it knows what
state the machine is supposed to be in when it restarts. It should only take a few seconds for it to flash thru your code to the restart point.
It then asks your to approve a 'preparatory move' from where the machine actually is now to where it needs to be to restart. This can be a bit
tricky because if the restart point is say 4,4,-0.05, ie at a cutting depth of 50 thou. If you approve this move from the machines actual location
say 2,2,1 then it will drive in co-ordinated fashion to 4,4,-0.05 and gouge your workpiece to get to the required location. You may have to make
two moves, first X and Y above the work and then drive down to Z=-0.05. Experiment some, it will come clear and need not be such a mystery.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'