Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:11:24 PM

Author Topic: Mpg and Mach4  (Read 3649 times)

Mpg and Mach4
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:40:53 AM »
Getting my operator panel hooked up with Pokeys57E, but I'm having a strange behavior with my mpg.  I have three switches hooked up on pins 8,9 & 10 to select which axis, and these are mapped to Pokeyes using the Pendant tab as MPG 1 - X, MPG 1 - Y and MPG 1 - Z.  The strange thing is that when i try use it, it works fine when the "x" button is selected (x axis only),  moves X & Y axis both when "Y" button is selected, and all three axises when the "Z" button is selected. 

What am I doing wrong here!?

-Andrew
Re: Mpg and Mach4
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 02:18:52 AM »
Never mind...found the problem.  Just in case anyone else encounters this, I had all three MPG's enabled.  Deselected MPG 2 & 3 and it works perfectly now.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 01:29:43 AM »
Ok.  I have another problem.  Keep getting "motion steps overflow" if I spin the handwheel fast.  I've tried playing with the accel and velocity settings but noting seems to help.  Any one have thsi problem?  I found some others that mentioned it, but no one seems to mention a solution.

-Andrew

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 01:30:53 AM »
Update to the last Mach4 plugin. There was an important fix for that. See this blog post: http://blog.poscope.com/updated-pokeys-plugin-mach4-released/
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 12:39:05 AM »
Thanks! That did the trick.  Working perfectly now