Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:47:05 PM

Author Topic: Variables and Parameters list  (Read 7949 times)

Variables and Parameters list
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:30:23 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a Variable and Parameters list but with the total of them 'cause I've found the one wich is in the forum but is not enought. I'm looking to export a Renishaw probe Subroutines to a Mach4 Industry so to do that I need an specific list to check the compatibility of the Haas Program provided by Renishaw.
Any help will be useful. Thanks in advance.
Best regards,

Franco.
Re: Variables and Parameters list
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:32:54 PM »
If you do not have the Renishaw tools for generating the probing program, you
have a very big job ahead of you. It generates code specific to the machine.
Code for a Haas is not suited for Mach4.

In the case of Mach4Industrial, you would want to start with code generated
for a Fanuc 21i control using memory model C.  Mach4 tries hard to emulate
this control.

Even then it may be a significant task to get it all working.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I have al the subroutines of fanuc and haas renishaws probes. I mean, I already have the subroutines codes but there's a problem with the memory allocation with each variable that the subroutine use. So to make this I need to know what I have in the mach4 allocated in memory like variables and parameters. I think is not very difficult having the original codes, in fact I just have to put the right memory for each variable of the subroutine and debug it with probe experiments on known shapes with high precision measures to understand the behaivor of the software in progress.
So the request is if someone can help to find out the equivalences between Haas or Fanuc variables and parameters with Mahc4.
Thanks for your time and have a good night.
Regards,
Franco.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 12:33:55 AM »
A Fanuc 21i will do what you need.  I used the Renishaw probing software installation program to generate the probing subprograms.  It asks questions about the control.

1. How many tools (you can set this in Mach to anything, but you had better use Fanuc standard values of 99, 299, and 999!).
2. What cutter comp memory type (Mach uses type C).
3. Where to put Renishaw settings in general program variables, etc..

If those subprograms were not generated for a 21i with type C mem, then it is going to be VERY difficult to munge everything to work. 

Also, you need a Mach 4 Industrial license to turn on the needed Macro B functionality to use the Renishaw probe routines.

But if you have to try, the 21i Fanuc manual will give you any parameter or variable location you are looking for as far as probing is concerned.  A possibly easier solution would be to just duplicate the Renishaw subprograms' functionality by writing your own subprograms.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
Thanks for reply! The fanuc controller is something that I dont have, but I get the files. I don't know exactly this things.
1. 99 Tools said the person who found the files
2. Memory C if we are lucky, we are not sure. But Can you tell me the differences? because in google I didn't find info about Model C or I'm confused about the way to search about it.
3. I don't understand this one. May be is about where I think to put the subroutines and the settings, well by now I'm settings this manually for my own porpose. With the parameters that I need. But with a clean backup to make it functional in every case. If this is not what you need, please ask again.

I already have the Industrial license and the fanuc manual too. But what I cant find is a complete Variable and parameter list of the Mach4.  In the forum I found one list but is not complete I think.
At the end of the this history probably I'll write my own routines for the Mach4 after all I have the original ones provided for a Fanuc and export it from that to Mach4 probably will be just a few hours if I found the correct variables and parameters.

The idea for that point is translate this:

Code: [Select]
%
O9810(REN PROTECTED POSN)
IF[#50601EQ1]GOTO1000(VIRTUAL MACHINING)
#15=0
WHILE[#15LT1000]DO1
#14=#1000
IF[#14EQ1]GOTO1
#15=#15+1
END1
GOTO1000
N1
G65P9724
IF[#9NE#0]GOTO3
IF[#117NE#0]GOTO2
#3000=88(*NO*FEED*RATE)
N2
#9=#117
N3
#117=#9
#148=0
G31X#24Y#25Z#26F#9
IF[#24EQ#0]GOTO5
IF[ABS[#5041-[#24/#108]]GT#123]GOTO8
N5
IF[#25EQ#0]GOTO6
IF[ABS[#5042-[#25]]GT#123]GOTO8
N6
IF[#26EQ#0]GOTO7
IF[ABS[[#5043-#116]-[#26]]GT#123]GOTO8
N7
GOTO9
N8
#148=7.
IF[#13EQ1.]GOTO9
#3000=86(*PATH*OBSTRUCTED)
N9
IF[#107EQ1]GOTO1000
#9101=#9101(MEASURE MACRO)
N1000M99
%

To a full compatible Gcode with Mach4.

Again, thanks for your time and help. I'll update every progress and then maybe we can use the macro call to inspect a point of a surface with our Gcode.

Have a nice day,

regards.

Franco.

PD: Sorry for my english.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 02:52:03 PM »
For #3, The Renishaw routines need a place to store settings.  e.g. probe tip diameter.  They ask you to provide them a range of G code variable in the 500-999 range.  These variables get saved across machine restarts.  But many G code programmers also use this range.  So they ask the person installing the probe routines where these settings should reside so as not to conflict with other settings.  Finding this information will be like finding a needle in a haystack.

To convert the code, you must have a full understanding of two machines!!  The machine where the code came from AND Mach (Fanuc 21i).  For example, I don't know what #50601 is!!!  Further more, why would it be EQ 1?  These are the questions will come up and they will have to be answered by the person converting the code.  #26 is, and always will be, a local variable that has the contents of the Z word.  #26 is pretty much universal.

As for the list of G code variables, the Fanuc 21i parameter manual has every one on them listed.  e.g.  #5061 is the X probe position (skip position).  There is also lots of information on the net such as: http://www.machinetoolhelp.com/Applications/macro/macro_variables.html  We patterned after a Fanuc so as to be compatible.  We don't implement every one of their parameters because some just don't pertain to our system at all (like ROM option bits, etc...).  But the ones for probing are implemented precisely so that the Renishaw Fanuc probing routines will work. 

As for documentation, we just haven't done it.  Why?  There is plenty of Fanuc documentation out there and we would be just duplicating that anyway.  Whole books have been written on the subject.  One great source for Macro B programming is Peter Smid's book "Fanuc CNC Custom Macros".

Steve

Steve
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
Fantastic Steve!
Thanks for the info. As you said I'm asking to me what is #50601, and I'm looking for the Fanuc CNC Custom Macros in the innet but without look.
Anyway, as you said I have to understand both machines, for now I'm do it by the experimental way, putting the code in the subroutine folder and checking every parameter, variable or setting that makes me lock the machine.
So I have many things to read. Thanks a lot for your help, I'll look for the book but in case you have somewhere that book digital can you share it with me, please?
Thanks in advance.

Franco.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
Well I'm building the things to make this work. To improve this I'll update my files with my progress.
Here we go.
Sorry if I leave some comments in spanish hahaha.
Any help will be appreciated.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 04:26:55 PM »
here is a table wich I build to work with...
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 04:30:20 PM »
finally this is the algorithm to a safe movement.

Code: [Select]
%
O9810(REN PROTECTED POSN )
G65 P9724
IF [#9NE #0]GOTO3
IF [#117NE #0]GOTO2
#3000=88(NO FEED RATE )
N2
#9=#117
N3
#117=#9
#148=0.1