Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:48:32 PM

Author Topic: Use touchscreen to manual jog machine  (Read 2767 times)

Use touchscreen to manual jog machine
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »
I am having problem with new bought touchscreen on manual jog. Manual jog was set as push to jog OEM Button. When use touchscreen, it have to click on beside the button and drag in. but use keyboard and mouse no such thing happen. Any one experience it before ?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Use touchscreen to manual jog machine
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:13:01 AM »
Which version of Windows are you using ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
Hi Tweakie, i am using win 8.1/10 both system. Both are the same.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 01:35:35 AM »
It’s perhaps not much help but I have just built a touch screen operated jukebox and discovered that my touch screen did not behave in the way I initially expected.
When using a mouse hovering over a button gets the focus then the click operates the button – for my touch screen this was equivalent to a double click. Updating the touch screen drivers sort-of resolved this problem but created another. If the focus was left over a button then it would eventually fill a buffer somewhere within Windows which then froze (as far as screen touch was concerned). After spending a considerable amount of time trying to resolve all this I found the ultimate solution – I switched the OS from Win10 to XP and now everything is beautiful. My suspicions are that the manufacturers of my touch screen have not updated their driver software to cater for possible differences to the Win8/10 system.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:11:18 AM »
Hi Tweakie, u are right, i tested with win xp system, it works. Need to ask manufacturer to update their driver software. Anyway, thanks for help.