Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:37:47 PM

Author Topic: Trying to run Mach 3 using a add-on PCIe parallel port card.  (Read 4786 times)

Trying to run Mach 3 using a add-on PCIe parallel port card.
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »
Hello, I'm trying to run Mach 3 using an add-on parallel port card ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D3MFHC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) on Windows 7 32-bit. I cannot seem to get the parallel port card to interact correctly with Mach 3. There are two I/O ranges listed under the settings column in resources tab of the cards properties. The ranges are DF00 - DF07 and DE00 - DE07. Under the Port #1 in Mach 3 I've tried both port address DF00 and DE00. Neither address allowed me to turn the breakout on using Mach 3. I have since tested the breakout with another machine running Mach 3 and that computer worked but I really need the other computer to work as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Trying to run Mach 3 using a add-on PCIe parallel port card.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:02:50 AM »
It may have something to do with the way you are putting the address in. It might need to be 0xDF00. I have seen it somewhere before.Hopefully someone wil chime in.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:34:19 PM »
I have the exact same issue.  I also have an LPT3 that uses DE00.  I tried putting in 0xdf00 but still my cnc router will not respond.  Any help anyone?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 02:15:22 AM »
This issue has come up before and it is apparent that not all parallel port cards will operate with Mach3.
If you are unsure of the situation then the best advice would be to obtain a parallel port card from a reputable supplier (such as CNC4PC for example) who can guarantee compatibility with Mach3.

Tweakie.
PEACE