Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:57:59 AM

Author Topic: xbox controller joysticks wont step  (Read 2118 times)

xbox controller joysticks wont step
« on: January 07, 2017, 11:50:15 AM »
I'm new to Mach 3.  :)
Got it set up with an Xbox controller. X,Y and Z jog on rapid with the Joysticks, no issues.
I've set the yellow button to change the Jog Mode from Cont to Step, which it does. If is use the keyboard when it's on step, it moves the amount I've set the step to, 0.1mm, which is great.
When I have it set in step mode, the joysticks on the Xbox controller still Rapid Jog.
Is this a setting I've missed or is that normal ? I've seen vids of people using the Step mode with the Xbox controller though !
I've looked through the forum and was not able to find an answer.
Re: xbox controller joysticks wont step
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »
I have my xbox controller fitted but its been a while, one thing I remember is the controller joysticks are (is the word progressive?) like the further you push them the faster they jog,

I was just out in the garage and checked apparently I have the same problem lol and I didnt know it. though I hardly ever need to small jog as I use an automatic corner finder with a z height adjuster.

Check CNCnutz on YouTube he has a video on how he setup a pendant to jog that might help

regards Ford
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 03:03:24 PM »
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:58:22 AM »
Thanks for the reply, and the link.
I noticed in the doc something about the pad below the left joystick.
The Pad below the left joystick steps whichever axis is set to the left joystick. If it's x+y it will step those, if it's z+a it will step those.
I'll look at proper pendant / solution to this when I've finished setting up my machine.
Thanks
Carl