Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:38:24 AM

Author Topic: Setting G54  (Read 4125 times)

Setting G54
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:07:35 AM »
I have a simple xyz mill using Mach4 and have to set the offset xyz distances for G54. I'm only using one set-up. From my learning thus far, I assume the offsets are from point 0,0,0 or HOME position. I home mill and xyz are set to 000. I see Mach3 has a screen to easily set the offsets and save them. I can not find a similar screen? How do you set these offsets in Mach4? Any info would be great. Thanks Keith M.
Re: Setting G54
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:10:02 PM »

A simple way is as follows:

1. Make sure the machine is enabled and has been homed.
2. go to the Offsets tab.
3. Press the G54 button: it should become green.
4. type in your  XYZ offsets  into the dros.

Any of the offsets G54-59 can be set in this way by first pressing the corresponding button. They will be saved (negated) in the Fixture Offsets table. You can also write directly to this table by selecting it from the View menu.

Allan
Re: Setting G54
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:49:17 AM »

To hopefully clarify the above a little:

a) The machine must remain in its home position whilst step 4 is performed.

b) Say you want Work zero to be at machine coordinates (x, y, z). To achieve this, you could enter the values x, y and z directly into the Fixture offsets table. Alternatively, using the above method,  you could enter the values -x, -y and -z into the dros at step 4. The magnitudes of the numbers are the same in each case, but the signs differ. This arises because the Fixture offsets table contains the machine coordinates that correspond to Work sero, whereas at step 4 you are entering the Work coordinates that correspond to Machine sero.

Allan