Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:06:43 PM

Author Topic: Z Axis Not Responding to Commands  (Read 1726 times)

Z Axis Not Responding to Commands
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »
I've been using my CNC for about 9 months and in recent weeks the z axis is behaving strangely. After zeroing out on the top of the material, sometimes the z axis will intermittently drop down into the material by .125 or more and move across the surface leaving a tool mark across the work piece. The code is the same I've been using for months and have had no problems . I restart Mach 3 and try again and at times it will stay at zero and move across the material, other times it will lift and move across and still other times it will drop down again. The same thing happens when the cutting operation is complete. Sometimes it will lift the tool, other times it drags it across the work piece.

One other issue showed up at approximately the same time. The machine will stop cutting in the middle of a cutting operation. Even with small files it will just stop.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Darin

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Z Axis Not Responding to Commands
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:21:16 AM »
Without knowing a lot more details about your installation I would suggest re-installing Mach3. The most favoured version is R3.043.062 which can be downloaded from here; ftp://anonymous:guest@ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/
Before installing make a backup copy of your existing Mach3 folder.

Tweakie.
PEACE