Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:28:40 AM

Author Topic: is a trial run button possible for plasma??  (Read 3424 times)

is a trial run button possible for plasma??
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
Hiya, Ive been using mach3 for about a year to run my plasma cutter.

Ive just started to play with the screens, what to just put all button i use on one screen.

After finally getting my thc fully working after lots of reading on here. I now cant do a trail run to see if I can squeeze a part out of an off cut( i used to turn plasma power off and run program)
My g code turns the thc off and on now. So when the thc come on and after m03 to fire the torch mach 3 is then waiting for the arc ok\ torch on input before it continues. So it gets stuck.

Is the possible to program a trial run toggle button to a. disable the signal to turn on plasma ( so it dont have to keep turning it off at mains) and b. ignore the waiting for arc ok\ torch on signal, so will complete program ??

Also is it possible to read the tool name from my gcode and display it in a box, I name my tools the volts and amps I need, just so I can see this info easy without scrolling through gcode.

Hopefully someone will give me a few pointers. Ill upload my scrren set when finished if anyone else wants it.

Thanks
Russ

Re: is a trial run button possible for plasma??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:35:35 PM »
Sorted out the tool info, found some code to put in my post to list all tools used, and got this to display first in gcode so can see in at top in mach 3.

Also got center peck holes working nicely, about 1.5mm diameter and deep, perfect for drilling and not hard at all.
If anyone wants I can send them my modified post.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:39:01 PM by russ079 »
Re: is a trial run button possible for plasma??
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »
Anyone got any ideas to get me started ? Just need to make a button so when on, mach ignores the m03 command and stops the thc from been turned on?

Someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
Russ