Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:38:54 AM

Author Topic: Galil 1842 migration to new PC  (Read 4491 times)

Galil 1842 migration to new PC
« on: December 28, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »
Hello all,
My old PC gave up the ghost so I'm building a new one.  Unfortunately I don't do this "Galil" stuff everyday so it's been 4 or 5 years since I touched it last....it typically just works.

A couple questions;
1)My old PC was running WinXP.  The replacement had Win7 so I just reinstalled Win7 to get a fresh build.  Will the Galil 1842 work with Win7 or do I need to get a copy of WinXP?
2)Is there a way to transport all the Galil files/configs over to the new machine?  I remember the last install being a bit challenging as the Galil controller has so much functionality that, unless you work with it regularly, it can become quickly overwhelming.
    2a) If I can't easily copy/paste the Galil folder and config files is there a way to see all my posts here from about 4 years ago so the Galil experts aren't answering all the same questions again?

Thanks all,

Mark
Re: Galil 1842 migration to new PC
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 07:39:24 PM »
I knew I'd been down this road.  Hence question 2a above.

I found the conversation under my old user name.  I had to create a new forum account but still knew the old one and searched on it.

Apparently this will be quite easy.  Here's the thread from the last time for anyone interested.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,26363.0.html