Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:22:02 AM

Author Topic: CV G64 and Exact Stop G61  (Read 9826 times)

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
Re: CV G64 and Exact Stop G61
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 04:55:31 AM »
Hi,
If you want to improve the CV result in 2.5D and 3D Engraving/Carving you must have the same acceleration in the X/Y/Z axis.
I had a different one for the Z axis.
When I and made them all the same, then a CV 100 settings on all 180 Angles became acceptable.
The spacing between lines is .02mm with a .01mm tip cutter being used.
Next I will try it on small lettering.
Regards,
Mauri
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
Now, what the CV wizard does is limit the feed rate to whatever you set it to for any given angle. It does not limit the feed rate in straight lines, only in corners (direction changes). So say your machine can take a 90 degree corner and only rounds it by about .010. If the tolerance you have to hold in that corner is .005 the .010 is not acceptable. So how fast your machine can take that 90 degree corner and still hold the .005 tolerance is the question. Unfortunately, your the only one that can answer that question. So, you have to do some testing to find out. When you do your testing I would do so in the worst case scenario (biggest tool, deepest cut in hardest material etc.). All of these considerations are trade offs as well. Maybe you use a 1.000 2 flute end mill to surface your aluminum table but most of your cutting will be with a .250 v cutter in styrofoam. So do you optimize the CV wizard to surface the table, do some v-carving in foam or somewhere in between? Lots of things to think about. This is why predefined (before the build begins) specifications are not optional if you hope to end up with a machine that will meet the end users demands.

What is the relationship of feed rate in the CV wizard to the feed rate set by the gCode file? Is the output feed rate determined by the value entered into the CV wizard or is it limited by the feed rate set by the gCode? Or by whatever value is lesser?

Suppose I had a feed rate of 200 set for every angle >10 degrees, but the gCode is F120.

What would the feed rate of the tool be upon execution in a real world cut of 30 degrees?

Thanks!

53 Sparky

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
Is the output feed rate determined by the value entered into the CV wizard or is it limited by the feed rate set by the gCode? Or by whatever value is lesser?

Yes, whichever is less.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!